Gather a group of people from:
– Small group
– Sports team
– Other groups
Together, your group can pool money to purchase:
– A cow or sheep and farm training for one of our community members
– Training in Farming God’s Way or Beekeeping for a community member
– Equipment for one of our classrooms
– Scholarships for students
– Bricks for our building
– Training Aids/Technology
– Make an “Extra Change from my Pocket” Box and place it somewhere everyone has access to. Encourage your group to save their change during the week and bring it when you meet up. Get creative and find a cow or sheep shaped rubber bank and place it on the table each time you meet. Before you know it those coins will add up to a milk-producing cow for a family in Kenya!
– Decide to skip secret Santa this year and instead make donations in each other’s names.
– Instead of eating out together, pack a sack lunch and instead contribute the lunch money to a donation fund.
– Get 10 people (or more) together for theme party. Donation: $50 per person. Spend no more than $20 per person on the food and you’ll have $300 (or more) in donations by the end of the night.
– Spend a Friday night together at a Karaoke Bar and sing your hearts out. Have the announcer tell the crowd that you are singing for pledges and turn it into a competition to see who can get the most donations!
Want more ideas or information on how to get started, please contact us